1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just Starting out-SOLO

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by chadslawncare, Oct 9, 2010.

1. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I wish you luck but I would have waited to get alot more customers before plunging that far into debt. Your overhead to income has got to be high. I have seen a bunch of guys do the same thing only to regret it. Slow steady growth and low overhead are the keys to success. I'm not trying to rain on your parade. I want everyone to succeed in this business. Good luck.
  2. thu cutting edge

thu cutting edge LawnSite Senior Member

what did that f150 set u back. i bought one in may and got it for 26 out the door. also with the plow they told me since i had this fx4 series that i wouldnt be able to put a plow on it. it has something to do with the electronic suspension system. but when the arrenty is u i will put one on.
  3. chadslawncare

chadslawncare LawnSite Member

The F150 was alot more than what you paid, 36 out the door. The Boss is the lighter duty plow called a Sport Duty. It is about 150 pound lighter than the standard duty and is made for 1/2 tons.
  4. thu cutting edge

thu cutting edge LawnSite Senior Member

I got a very good deal with mine its a 4.6 4x4 extended cab power windows 6spd tranny. My dad works for BGE and they get a very good discount. So I put the truck in my name instead of the company name. I also get life time engine and tranny
    Posted via Mobile Device

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Damn Is your truck a lariet? If not you got ripped off big time IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

good luck to you...I hope you dont just end up working to pay the bank though...key will be to pay back as fast as possible....dont just make min. due pymnts....if in fact you financed all your stuff....if not you will be in trouble in year 3-4 when it comes time to replace everything if you owe on it.....it can be done...just keep those blades turning and that plow pushing.....best regards.:usflag:
  7. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

NICE to see someone who is starting out and has sweet equipment best of luck to you
  8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You plan on putting all the bagged grass in the back of your truck? It'll fill up fast with the shorter bed.

Nice equipment. Good luck.
  9. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish you the best of luck!! Nice equipment!!
  10. Truitt Lawn Maintenance

Truitt Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member