Just Starting out-SOLO

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by chadslawncare, Oct 9, 2010.

1. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

I love that cage you built for the handhelds, I'll be building one to use for the summer, but not during clean ups. Except I wont be putting a top on it because I don't use a tonneau cover so no need to cover them.

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

From someone who moved down here from Akron, best wishes. Some quick tips: mow weekly; if you plan on applying chemicals--get licensed; and the first few years it's advantageous to take on as much work as you can handle. You'll do fine. By the way, that's a sweet tool holder.

3. MisterBreeze

MisterBreeze LawnSite Member

A must disagree with this statement. Some guys don't have the money or accounts to start off with such nice equipment. My advise for beginners is to buy some used equipment and see if they like the business and then move up to bigger and better things. SCRUBS is a poor choice of words

4. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

You're new aren't you?

5. MisterBreeze

MisterBreeze LawnSite Member

What does new have to do with good advice?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  6. M & L

M & L LawnSite Senior Member

Good show man I really like that bed rack you made....

Screw bagging I have 48 resi and three commercial and i bag 2!!! if a a customer wants bag they pay or i walk usually i dont even bother and just walk..so many people have been trained to bag thier clippings..

If your gona go GO!!

And I think only 2 have even bothered to say things like we dont know his finacial or if you had capitol to start

GO MAN GO!!!

7. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Howed you do your first year?

8. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

That is the biggest problem with this business. People get go get cheap equipment and lowball prices because they do not know how to run a business. I can probably count on my two hands the number of legit businesses on here who are run by businessmen and are not just lawn boys. The reason we all come on here bitching every year is because this industry has very few barriers of entry compared to most others.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. dtriv89

dtriv89 LawnSite Member

I'll never understand why anyone whos business plan is different than yours is wrong. There's more than one way to skin a cat, same goes for starting a business. Just because someone does something differently doesn't mean they're wrong

agree 100%

10. M & L

M & L LawnSite Senior Member

Jersey who u asking?

Its should be positive no matter how you look at it or else dont do it.

there are two side to every story, and i would take it all in and use what you need and file the rest..There is some good info in everything, you just have to look with your good eyes

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010