1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just starting out

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by HeloPilot, May 27, 2008.

1. HeloPilot

HeloPilot LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I have a schedule that is two weeks working and two weeks off each month. I have been looking into different fields of work and I started to think about the services that I use that I would like to see done better. One of the ideas that I have been toying around with is lawn care. I know that with my schedule I would need to hire another person, but what are the ins and outs of making something like this work? When I was a teenager about 15 years ago this was how I made my spending cash. I had 12 regular lawns that I handled. I know how to go get the work, or at least get some work. i live in an upper middle class community where new houses continue to spring up and I believe that the people buying houses right now probably aren't in the money crunch many are in. What ideas can you give me on things like equipment? Push or zero-turn mowers? Any advice would be great. Thanks