Just Starting Out

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DoornbosOutdoorServices, Jan 30, 2011.

1. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

I would rather have my residentials then thos high dollar commercials any day of the year!!!!!!!

2. DoornbosOutdoorServices

DoornbosOutdoorServices LawnSite Member

I like the residentials over the commercials to. I like the look on the face of the homeowner after a job well done. Thats hard to find in the commercial arena. Thanks again for the insight!

3. Brothersllc

Brothersllc LawnSite Member

yea but i cut grass to make money and id much rather see that big check on the first every month than that 55 dollar check a week just my opininon.....dont get me wrong i like the look on my customers face when they see how good a job we did but that isnt guna pay my boat note and truck note lol good luck yall

4. Wayne's Lawn Service

Wayne's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

We offer something that will help you.

We offer a printed manual titled "Bidding & Contracts Your key to success" as well as a CD Titled "Know why you charge what you charge" that will walk you through the process of calculating your company's break-even cost per hour based on your overhead, expenses and use-rates. I realize you are a new company, but there is a simple methodology to calculate those cost with no previous history of expenses or use-rates.

Being a sponsor on this site for several years, maybe you have seen our banner ad. If not check our web site or feel free to give us a call.