just starting out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slowleak, Feb 15, 2003.

1. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

great site. since i'm just getting together all my equipment don't really have much to add,except hi. oh, and what i've gathered so far.1978 scout traveler w/345, t-19 4 spd.dual 44's reese hitch
    48'cut ferris walk behind
    30' cut snapper commercial
    12' dual axle 2ft'sides w/latch gate
    2 stihl trimmers
    any idea's on a blower or any other advice would be most welcome.thanks kevin

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont care much for sthill blowers. I went thru two brand new ones and they seem tempermental and the on/off switch on both fell apart. My very first blower was a Homelite. It held up a long time but wasnt very powerfull. I now have been using Echo for the past 5 or so years (Both hand held and back pack). They seem powerfull and reliable. The only gripe is this years models have a new carb that you cannot adjust. I had to take mine back to my dealer twice because it started bogging down when I needed it. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If your Echo BP starts bogging down again, have your Dealer check the head gasket...my brand new 650 waas bogging down a lot (plus hard to cold start) and that was the problem.

Remax 7001 is a nice unit as well.