JUST STARTING OUT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn shark, Jan 15, 2001.

1. lawn shark

lawn shark LawnSite Member

MY NAME IS MIKE I AM JUST STARTING IN THE BUSINESS AND I NEED LOTS OF INFO. I AM PLANNING ON DOING THIS PART TIME AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF MACHINES ARE RELIABLE ETC.I WANTED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD BE INC OR NOT. I PLAN ON DOING MAINLY RESIDENTAL PROPERTIES. I NEED HELP FROM THE EXPERTS..THANKS

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Here is your first LawnSite.com tip. DONT POST IN ALL CAPS!! SEE HOW IT SEEMS LIKE I AM YELLING AT YOU!!!

OK, use the search feature on lawnsite.com and Erics new search feature.... http://www.elmlawnsite.com/lawnsite_post_links.htm

Chuck Keough
    LawnSite.com

3. lawn perfections

lawn perfections LawnSite Member

i would find out what dealers are around you first. it is always good to have your dealer as close as possible. i would look at exmark, walker, and scag just to name a few. see what people around you are using..

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Fist of all if your going in as a part timer without a load of capital and very few accounts, i would lean towards a hydro walkbehind.Check the classifieds, you might get a real sweet deal. You can find good deals on used trailers also. Then a trimmer,blower will get you off to a good start.And if in the future you wish to grow in the business with some of your first,second,ect,yrs you can purchase the needed equipment as needed. I know to many start out spending most of there money on everything, but as a newcomer you must have some dollars put away for emergencies. Thats just my opinion If youve got the accounts and a ton of money get the best you can.

5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry about Fist that should be First, I can spell but sure can't type.