just starting up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by infocus88, Jul 3, 2006.

1. infocus88

infocus88 LawnSite Member

My brother and I are just starting up in the business part time. I am in my last year of college and he is just starting. We just got insurance and are in the process of registering our name. We have a 2002 Ford Ranger edge and a 5X10 trailer. We use a john deere ride on and a honda push mower. this Works well for us right now. We have about 20 lawns we do currently and business is going good. However does anyone have any more tips for us? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Be sure you know your costs and charge accordingly. Remember, there is much more to this business than just mowing. Make sure you take that into account when you figure your expenses.

3. Lizard Lawn Care

Lizard Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Don't do anything for free today (to get a job) that you dont plan on doing for free tomorrow!

4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Get a few more accounts and then get a F-150 or F-250 because in the long run that Ranger won't be puling much more then what you've already got on it. I would also put out lots of fliers and get an inclosed trailer so you don't have to worry about someone taking your equipment.