1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

just starting ... Wright Stander good choice?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hnter3030, Oct 15, 2007.

1. hnter3030

hnter3030 LawnSite Member

Hey guys ... i cut grass a lot in highschool but have left for a few years and am going to get back into it .. im confident in having enough buisness to start next years season off with a nice mower. In highschool i cut with an old JD rider ... i have been thinking of getting a Wright Stander for next year and maybe investing in a ferris ZT sit down after next summer ... is the Wright Stander a good choice for an all around machine to start with? If so would you recomend the 52 ?
  2. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

I came close to buying the Wright
    The problem was that it was not as versitle as a WB and quality of cut was not as good as the ZTR.
    You need to look at the type of accts you will have, then decide.
    Hills and cut quality were the deciding factor against it.
    Just my .02
  3. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm also looking at the Wright Stander 52" or 61" or a Exmark Lazer Z 60". So please let us know some more info on what you guys think.

4. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

With the ZRT you have many more options,,,,,,,,,,
    Bagging, JRCO rake, ect.
    In a perfect world the stander takes the place of the WB
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

While I like the stander in the 36" size for small yards I don't believe it is a good option in the larger sizes. Doesn't it cost almost as much as a ZTR and the stand/ride option is not that great when operating for long periods.