Just stopped 3 dudes from lifting my equip. and breaking into my house.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nlminc, Feb 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

About 1hr ago I came home from buying that Guerrilla Maketing book that some of you guys advised on! As I go to pull into my drive way, at the begining there is this big guy standing there (look out for the other 2). My drive is 400' long , so I picked up on what was happening when the guy bolts when he see's me pull in. I rush down my drive into the woods and these other 2 guys in a 99 4x4 explorer xlt jump in and try to go around me, put I blocked them. I call the cops and the two guys screw leaving the explorere behind (Wip out my for sale sign!) They confront me as I'm on the phone with the cops then high tail it off into the woods. 4 cruisers show up, say they know of the guys. End up towing the explorer. Detective tells me that they where here to hit my house or trucks. Thank god I surprised them, if they probrbly would have hurt my dogs in the break in.
  2. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I am in Mass too, and in fact just got my License to Carry. Heck if you had one i bet you may have used it.
  3. DublinLadd

DublinLadd LawnSite Member

They wouldnt of hurt my dogs. 1-7 year old American Bulldog 1-3 year old Pitt and 5 Staffie Bulls hehe INSURACE.....
  4. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

nlminc - I'm glad that you're ok. Good call, blocking them in.

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Good call blocking them in------------- "til they shoot you in the head over some stupid equipment. I can't say what I would have done in your situation, but it's good that nothing happened to you. In todays society of scumbags, I think I'd let the law do what they can. It isn't worth having something happen to you over this, that's what you carry insurance for.
  6. Mitchell

Mitchell LawnSite Member

Bad call blocking them in.. too many times things can go bad. ID the vehicle , occupants, and let them go. The cops already knew how it was. Glad it all worked out for the good!
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

You sound like old school,Im proud of ya.
    Just seems to me that some things cant be
    rationalised away.Got to do sometimes.
    Glad you came out alright
  8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Maybe.......but a quick spray of hairspray to your dogs mouth and they are quiet and dead. Here's my solution :D

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Good job. Glade you had a good ending. Tell us , was the Explorer stolen or did it belong to one of the crooks?
  10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.