Just tell me the truth...

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Loooogie, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Loooogie

Loooogie LawnSite Senior Member
    from YORK

If you are using Black Mac only and only doing small to med drivways, those $1000 machines, are they good enough to do the job?

I see there is alot of arguments going on, I don't want to contribute to that so please just try and post in goood faith...

2. tedford69

tedford69 LawnSite Member

Most of the jobs are about how well you handle the machine. If the machine is down 90% percent of the time then it will take you for ever to finish the job. If you treat your machine properly and learn to use it properly than it shouldn't give you any problems. If your starting out I see no problem with using a small cheap machine, keep the overhead low. It probley won't last forever but once it's payed for, who gives a damn. The big thing is learn what it is capable of doing and stay within the boundries of the machine. Don't be blinded by the all mighty dollar and get over your head. SO yes I see no problem with a $1000.00 machine. As you grow, your machine should get bigger!! Good luck.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Too bad you don't have ur pm yet so i can send you pictures of all the jobs i have done with the trash pump system.

4. Loooogie

from YORK

Show me.

edit - you can't post an email address. thanks, Mike

5. Loooogie

from YORK

Which pump are you using.

6. bran3225

bran3225 LawnSite Member

i use a trash pump and posted pictures but all the people that say they dont work havent posted anything on my thread

7. Loooogie

from YORK

What are you spraying on the driveway, what pump are you using?

http://www.pacerpumps.com/3sSeries.php

8. DJ Contracting

Pacer trash pump and commercial grade seal coat with sand the first pic was today at a $250,000 house, tin he second pic it is my fathers neighbor and all he wanted was to cover his driveway hence the lack of crack filling (he needs a new driveway), pic three is the entrance to the neighbors house in all the pics the sealer was still wet.

Seal Coat 08 009.jpg

Seal Coat 08 014.jpg

Seal Coat 08 016.jpg

9. Loooogie

from YORK

nice pictures... the more I think, the more I see the cheaper system seems to be the way to start. I bet your customers are happy...

I am thinking of building my own sytem on the cheap... can you please give me some fore info on which pump you have, pacer makes alot of pumps!

10. DJ Contracting

Here you go look up trash pump in the search area and you'll find info. I bought this unit for $350.00 and made $850.00 in the last day and a half.

Seal Coat 08 017.jpg

Seal Coat 08 018.jpg

Seal coat machine Ahmads lawn 003.jpg

Seal coat machine Ahmads lawn 004.jpg