Just thanking the fine folks at Excel Hustler

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cajuncutter, May 1, 2004.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I am delighted that Lonnie Ham (hope I spelled his name correct) has about jumped through hoops helping me out this past week. I would like to thank him here publicly for his efforts and willing to help. For those of you that have become Hustler customers over the years I must say you are in good hands:) . I have been running the same shortcut since the season of 99. I was not fortunate enough to have the money to purchase another last year when they started to disappear, I was sad to see that model go. This past week I was determined to hunt one down and Lonnie was a great help at locating one for me. I can only hope I can complete the season with the one I have, that would be 6 seasons on that mower. Same spindles, idle pulleys etc. Only thing I have changed on the mower were tires, blades, belts, starter (rebuilt it this past week), one new carb for the 22 Kholer and oil. My total down time to date on the mower (during the work week not routine maintenance.) has been around 5 hours, an average of 1 hour a season. I remember when I purchased my Shortcut other dealers warned me about it. It was new to these guys. They swore up and down that it had all kinds of bugs, that the T-bar steering was junk. That the hydraulics was no good blah blah blah. Also that the manual blade engagement was not as good as their electric clutch on the mowers they offered. Well I got news. I have yet had to replace my manual blade engagement gizmo, much less an over priced electric clutch. I have also never replaced the hydro fluid. I pulled the cap one time only to discover the fluid was crystal clear, this was in d of 2003. I can say this much, for as long as I am in the green industry I will be a fan and a loyal customer of Excel Hustler Industries. You dudes ROCK!!!
    Again I would like to say thank you and keep up the good work.

Regards
    Louis Wallace

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thank you for the kind words.
    Lonnie Hamm has been taking care of Hustler customers for us for many years and takes a lot of pride in what he does.

Pj