1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Just thought about something funny.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KTO Enterprises, Jun 21, 2007.

1. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I am addicted to watching "Deadliest Catch" on discovery channel. It amazes me the conditions they work in and how cold it is and getting wet and all. I think they are all a couple tacks short of a bulletin board, But I bet if they came down south in August and watched us mow lawns in the sweltering heat all day, they would say we are a off our rockers too. I would like to cut lawns for 2 weeks in the heat and make 30,000. I guess that is what keeps them going to work in those conditions.
  2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

If it wasn't for college I'd be up there in a heart beat, 20K-40K for two weeks of work sign me up.
  3. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Well said KTO and probably true!...lol. Iv'e seen some of the "toughest" guys break above 92 or so...high humidity.....hour 9 or 10..yadayadayada
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry guys, I have never been futher than Atlanta, but it just dont get hot up north...

Come to Texas, it gets hot when it reaches 110- 115
  5. mdlwn1

6. KTO Enterprises

I will take your 110 degree dry heat and raise you with 100 degrees with 100 percent humidity. Its the humidity here that kills us. I went to texas last year with My girlfriend to meet her parents. By the time I got home I had the worst case of chapped lips and my lungs killed me from the dry air.
  7. mdlwn1

dont know what Tx is like...was in atlanta when it was 106...low humidity...not bad at all......new jersey at 96 with above 90% humidity can make u hallucinate and think sexual thoughts about your old nasty female gym teacher in highschool
  8. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Visited AZ last year, was driving around and glanced at the dash, it was not for 30 min that I realized the 100 meant degrees and not the radio station, it felt like 75.
  9. KTO Enterprises

The weather channel had a thing on the other night about "dry heat". Like in arizona the other day it was 110 degrees, but the dew point was like 26 degrees. this makes a real feel of like 92 Here in beaufort the temp was 91, but the dew point was around 72. This creates a real feel of around 108.

The guy at the mower dealership I use is from North dakota. He was telling me that he would rather spend winters there because it felt warmer because the air is not as moist. He said above freezing temps here feel a lot colder than zero degrees there.
  10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

New England......we get the worst of both the hot and the cold ends :)