Just tried the HP52 with the blowout baffle...bring on the leaves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Aug 25, 2002.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Hoss told us recently about the blowout baffle for the Ex Z's...had the mower in for some work and ordered one..came in 2 days...well yesterday I tried it....the deck still has enough 'lift' to cut great...and I can pick up leaves off driveways with virtually NO BLOWOUT.....am very pleased....no I cant tell you how much it cost....Mr Dealer owed me a 'favor'....thanks Hoss for another one of your worthwhile tips

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you're ready for the Fall, huh Gary?

Bring on them leaves!!!

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Rod...I have to find SOME way of getting some hours on this Exmark toy! Ah yes Clinton NJ...I miss your pizza joint up there in the mall by WalMart...but thats all I miss about NJ....I saw recently on the news that because of people getting out of NYC they're moving more out your way and housing costs are getting even higher than they already were!!!! Like $375K for a modest condo..!!..I still dont know how people can move into your area and afford a home....no matter how much they make

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

:D Glad you like it.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

All I can say is thanks a bunch 65hoss!!! Your info about the blowout baffle was right on the money!! Picked up the baffle this morning and bolted it on this evening. I found an area w/ a few leaves and put her to the test. All I can say is WOW, almost zero blowout in the thin turf that had the leaves. Tryed it out on the pavement and it will suck leaves up like a Hoover!! Best of all is I can keep the high lifts on all fall. I used to run low lifts for leaves and would change to high lifts if I had to side discharge in the fall. For guys running Exmark's this baffle is a must for fall leaf vaccing. I'm going to leave it in, and see if it affects the cut quality in thick turf. :) ;) :) ED

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

For me it didn't hurt the quality of cut on grass. But I cut mostly Bermuda and Zoysia, so your area may be a little different. I think you will actually look forward to leaf season this year.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Here is the other thread being asked about for those wanting info on the anti-blowout baffles.

8. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Tried the baffle and mulch kit at the same time, but with doubles,, i think it had too much lift because it was still blowing debris out the seams and out the discharge (mulch plate) side. I am waiting until after the holiday (or the rain) to try again with just the exmark mulch blades. Will get back to you

9. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

so will the blowout baffle work on a 52 hp with the mulch kit or not? If it will i will go order one tom. Thanks, Bill D.

10. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

does no one have an answer to my? i need some help here