Just Venting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

In ten years I do not remeber a summer this dry, its been dry but man I am on three weeks no mow and now I am running thru my maintenance. Sorry about the griping but I had to vent.

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

It happens to all of us Eventually, then there be that 1 year when it just rains way to much.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Its been dry here since 2000. This spring was one the better springs we have had for a long, long, long time. Its starting to get hot and dry. We are better this year than last year.

Its a fact of life. Its no fun. I don't envy you a bit. Vent away.

4. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Just the opposite down here, I cannot in my 62 years remember a summer this wet!

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

stuck my mower 3 times in 2 weeks

6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I'm going through the same thing. I'm from Butler, PA. I have a few lawns that I haven't cut in over a month. You just got to roll with the punches. (and pray for a lot of mulch jobs.) :)

7. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

Global warming, all Bush's fault. He hates lawncare guys, black people in New Orleans, and is responsible for all those Pauly Shore movies.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Use these times to get yourself motivated to get everyone on a flat fee contract, then you look at these weather patterns as a paid vacation.

After working 80-100 hours / week this spring, it's nice to be down to 40-50 hours with the lack of rain.

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I really wish I could do the monthly contract. It is very tough around here very old school. But I will attempt to give it a go.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe if you get behind his war plan he will take the hex off........we signed on and it has been raining ever since.