just wanted to say, thank you.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 25, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, believe it or not, check this out. u know the deal, its been raining like, alot here. struggling to catch up. well, sunday i get a call from a customer. he says he knows its been raining, and he knows its got to stink to cut grass like this. he then says to please bill him double for this weeks cut! i do him monday, and he leaves another messege monday night, "just got in, the lawn looks great, thank you so much." another one, sends in bill, with an extra #$20 on top of the "rain surcharge", with a note, thanx for all your effort, in spite of the rain, you are doing great. and last, but not least, didnt get any extra money, but she came out and said thank you so much, we are so glad we hired you, the lawn is the best its ever been. wow, all in a couple day period, 3 compliments. even a prick like me likes to be appreciated

2. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

ATTA-BOY!!

It is good to hear isn't it. Makes you feel like maybe you're doing something right!! I love it when we get nice little notes in with payments - it makes it all worthwhile and cancels out the sucky days!!

Good job!!

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

You know how the saying goes, "One awwwshhh__ttzz wipes out about 500 attaboys". It is nice to get compliments though. ATTABOY!

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a morale booster. Everyone likes to be appreciated. Hope the rain stops but look at it this way, there are no watering restrictions.

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is great to hear Bobby! Do a good job and some customer do notice. Sounds like you have some great clients.

Gravely_Man

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Makes your whole day to have someone apreciate your hard work and dedication. Usually try to throw in a couple of extra minutes of work for these clients because I have found that if they are nice enough to let me know that they appreciate my work they will probably let others know.

7. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

That's great to hear Bobby, the news last night said that many areas of the east coast haven't recorded this much rain in 100 years. Glad to see your customers know just how good you are.

8. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure you were not dreaming Bobby!! Just kidding, good job! It is nice to hear things like that in anything you do.

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Yep, its makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.:D

10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member