Just wanting some quick advise

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by southlin, Aug 20, 2005.

1. southlin

southlin LawnSite Member

:help: Do you guys use baggers on your mowers? if so, how much of a hassle compare to customer satisfaction is it.

In other words is it really worth the trouble. I currently use nothing. :help:

2. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

We bag everything.

Customers expect this in our area and it's not really a hassle. We usually have about 7-8 full bags of grass a day that we drop off at our local compost area.

Keep the blades extra sharp to cut the grass as small as possible.

3. SENClandmower

SENClandmower LawnSite Member

We bag nothing unless the customer wants to pay extra. It probably is different in each area. I don't know of anyone in this area that bags. If we are doing a yard for the first time that hasn't been done in a while where the clippings will be clumps we will suggest the clippings should be removed to prevent smothering the lawn but that will cost extra. Most customers have no problem with that.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We bag everything unless its been very dry and the grass is not growing, usually between july-August we don't bag. But it does tidy up a yard better than not bagging most of the time. If you are looking for bags look at the Accelerators type, we are using Exmark and next season we are going to switch to the Accelerator. But if customers want it bagged all year then I add a few bucks to the bid.

5. southlin

southlin LawnSite Member

Thanks, I run exmark also. Will defenitely give it a shot