1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

just when i thought iv seen it all

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by hole in one lco, Apr 9, 2005.

1. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I was sitting behind a guy at the light . He has his spreader on the bumper hitch
    Well he takes off like a bat out of hell hits a bump and the spreader opens. He dumps the hopper on the road and a nice pile at the next light . So i speed up to tell him hes leaking fert.
    His answer was hes got more :angry: :p
  2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Thats too funny, obviously not the owner or the guy that has to pay for the fert! I notice some lesco spreaders now have a cool little clip on the lever that keeps it from popping open now. Mine will do that too, though it's usually on my trailer and I try to not lave much if anything in it between jobs...
  3. coyoteman

coyoteman LawnSite Member

Ever try using an elastic. I just leave the elastic rapped up on the shaft of the handle and when done ferting put the elastic over the lever. Keeps from having a mess on our trucks.