Just When I Thought I've Seen it All....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Apr 3, 2004.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Now is the time of year when all the "wannabees" (aka scrubs) start advertising. Sure I've seen......Will mow for $8/hr....Small yards only......etc... We'll I'm glancing over the ads and see this.

Residential Mowing and Weedeating Service. Discount for use of YOUR equipment.

Unreal!! Wonder what he would charge to weedeat some snake-infested creeks with MY weedeater????

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hehehe! Heck I'd call and ask! :D

It's almost embarassing to tell some of the stuff I run into round here. I'm afraid it tells a story if you know what I mean and I'm sure you do. At any rate, a copy of this belongs over on my Envy Awards thread.....unreal for sure!

3. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Good idea Envy. I'll call him tomorrow. Hell, maybe I'll hire him full-time. You mowing off the mountain yet?? Some guys were up here earlier this week and then the snow came. I'm shooting for Monday to crank up the Toro!!!

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'm already mowing some. I've got a few I've already hit twice so far. But the weather has made things really unusually slow though. Other than a couple of apps, March was totally dead. Usually I'm busy as heck with spring clean ups, apps, installs and even some mowing in March. That snow we got at the last of Febuary put everything at a stand still. Everyone has been sand bagging for about a month thinking winter is not over yet.

I can't say I've minded the extra break though for the sake of getting another month of TLC for my back. I've been insanely busy running my butt off all month getting bids in....which seems to have been for the most part all for nothing.

On a side note, stay in touch. I might have a hot lead for you on a very nice irrigated lawn on the mountain if you're interested and have time for it. Shoot me an e-mail from here at lawnsite just to make sure you're sending to my new address. I'll send you the details as I get them.