Just whenit was starting to burn up...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ax Man, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! what a season!
    The lawns in my area have been to the edge 2 times now and here is the next onslaught of rain.
    Not only that but the wife of a competitor called last night with a referral for a series of commercial accounts to bid on. 12 in my county alone!
    DDSO's, they need to be done befre grass hieght reaches 4" and no shorter than 2.5"
    Fall cleanup and shrubs,
    Could be a goldmine!
    (could be a grave too)
    I'm off to measure, wish me luck boys, and God, don't let me be the low bid!

2. m&m

m&m LawnSite Member

sounds like a winner there if it works out........good luck on it and hope ya get em

3. Big Mow

Big Mow LawnSite Member

Sure wish we had some rain here. Things are so dry.....getting tierd of mowing dirt!

4. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry but it's raining again here.
    Nice soft rain. 3 hours so far..
    As far as the DDSO's -PITA
    Got to meet with every homes "director" before measuring
    (and mowing) Courtyards with locked gates "consumers"wandering around everywhere.
    Liability, Liability,Liability
    Iv'e only been to 3 props so far, and I don't like the way this one feels.
    The last guy must've underbid big time.
    I don't think I'd do it for .004 a foot.

5. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Im going to start a new department for my company....RLS Cactus Installation Department. Thats about all that is still growing.....

I know God knows what he is doing, but I sure wish he would let us in on it!!:angel:

6. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

Two very long days of soft rain in the past 72 hours....Say it's gonna rain again tonight then bright sunshine...can almost hear the grass growing!!:blob3: