Just won a big one...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Herrick, Nov 18, 2008.

1. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Herrick,

Good luck with that property. Just do great work and I am sure you can eventually raise your prices. By the way, remember your at a old folks home so be careful not to blow grass on the old people. Like this old lady:nono:

pic12.jpg

2. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

Hahaha!! That's good... I get your point though.

Where at in Illinois are you from?

3. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I live just a little ways to the south of you in Central Illinois. I have enjoyed reading this thread and I think that it sounds like you will do great with this property. I think you left some money on the table, but don't worry about what everyone else says as you know what your expenses are and a lot of these guys on here are in areas where the cost of living is a lot higher than "redbird country" (Metamora, IL). We probably aren't going to be making the amounts that other parts of the US are. Also, we probably aren't going to be as affected by this economy as other parts of the country and some guys are going to be wishing they had work like this. Anyway best of luck.

Also, I didn't know mapquest had ariel views like you posted on the first page. That is pretty cool. How do you outline a picture in red like that? Do you have to save the pic and then go to like a paintbrush progam or something?

4. Herrick

I know exactly what you mean!! Thanks for the encouragement!

Mapquest has a button across the top that you can switch from map view to Airal photos... and to get the red outline I saved it and opened up good old MS Paint...

5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Hope all goes well for you Herrick...

But I agree with some of the earlier posts..and I believe you won the contract being the lowest bidder.

I hope you can service them well at that price...

Please keep us informed on how things are going through the upcoming season..:drinkup:

6. turf&snow98

turf&snow98 LawnSite Member

seems like a bit much, you better hire some cheap help

7. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

cant help but laugh :clapping:

good luck on your acct.

8. CarolinaClipper

CarolinaClipper LawnSite Member

LOL Yeah better hope it don't rain being solo.

9. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

When are you starting this account?

10. Herrick

Made one quick trip last week to touch up the spots that were actually growing... things are off to a really slow start this spring here. Hopefully I'll be full force in the next week or two.