JustMowIt Getting Too Big for His Britches ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I remember Stumbling on E-Mowing..JustMowIt Web Site Three Yerars Ago & Saw Advertised Pricing of $18..." $18 Lawn Mowing by ordering Online
    1122 N. Hwy 121 Melissa, TX 75454 Phone: 972-648-1020
    E-mail: info@e-mowing.com"......

Price Is Now $26...http://www.justmowit.com/JL Services Prices.htm

You Have to Remember What Got you Where You are Today & That's $18 a POP...Prices Should be No More than $21-$22 Cost of Living Increase By Now.

As a Semi-Retired High Class Scrub Who Made Millions Sending out Students and Riff Raff to Cut $18 Lawns I Want to Know What Gives and Why the Change....Or Am I Missing Something Here...That's a Pretty Big Price Increase.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

That is an $8 increase over 3 years. Considering the raise in fuel prices, I don't think that he's to out of wack.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe he felt he was under priced back then and raised them to where they should be? Just imo.

4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Fareway,

You are an idiot.

He has pricing at various levels. When he did the Cheap Cheap flyers ($18) he was also doing ones for $25 in a different area.

Besides what do you care. If it works for him leave him alone. Better yet leave us all alone. At least until you get finished with your SCS mowers.

5. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

As I understand it, he runs specials all the time, just like sales in a store, or coupons. Whatever brings them in. Also I believe you had to prepay a whole season to get the $18 rate.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

$8 on an $18 Cut is Almost 40% Increase...These arn't Acreages......Remember What Got All those Customers and that Sweet Route Density.....Lets Hope the Poor Boy Hasn't Lost His Way

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

He must be mowing small properties unless he can put a big wb in the bed the 1 i see is a push mower.

8. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, over 3 years. That's roughly $2.66 per year which is around 14.5%. How much have you increased your prices over the last 3 years?

9. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I would rather pay $100 then have some idiot ride his mower down my stairs, leave it there with the keys in it and then have my kid drive it through my back fence. Just my .02

10. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

You're not referring to JustMowIt are you becuase he only uses 21" Toro's in his entire fleet. Of course he buys new ones every year, about 40 of them I believe. He runs I think 15 trucks. Personally I think he has found a nitch in his Texas market. He is using the "Kiss" method and it seems to be working for him.