Justmowit Needs Help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JustMowIt, Mar 20, 2005.

1. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

We started using the new Toro 21 inch 4 cycle engine by Honda. We have just finished our week#2 & 3 mowers have a flywheel pin sheered.

Does anyone know where we can buy a flywheel puller for that particular engine?
    MJ

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I just use a gear puller or tap it lightly with a hammer and they usually come off pretty easy or tap the blade end of the crankshaft with a hammer and the flywheel will usually come off that way too.

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe call your dealer or Honda customer service.

Hope you got backup mowers. Are the mowers still under warranty for commercial use? I would think the dealer could fix it Monday free if under warranty.

Did I read somewhere you got rid of your mechanic and are buying new mowers every year?

4. JustMowIt

Yes, we sold to the bare walls & bought everything new & figure we can sell at the end of each season for 40% of the cost, & re buy.

Yes, we have 9 extras in our facility, ( 31 on trucks, each having 1 extra) so no problem. My dealer is looking for a puller (I had one for the 2 cycle but different) & yes, they will do warranty work, but it is much easier for me to do a fly pin, rather than haul them to the dealer. I have a well equiped shop room with hoist, impact wrenchs etc.
    MJ

5. JustMowIt

I have tryed a light hammer & broke something, but I will try the tapping the blade end of the crankshaft.

Thanks for the tip!
    MJ

6. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Be sure to use some Never Seize when you put it all back together.

7. CCWKen

CCWKen LawnSite Member

Geez! Don't hammer on the blade end. You'll be buying seals, bearings and probably rods for them too! In fact, don't hammer on the flywheel side either. Some of you guys need to take your hammers out of your tool box and throw them in the trash. Get the correct tool!