1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Justmowit (thanks)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by daveyo, Mar 21, 2005.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Justmowit, :waving: After reading all your posts and comments last year I decided to give your approach a try. I put out 500 flyers so far, advertising the 19.95 deal with the 5 trip minimum ect.. and ill put out 500 more this week (all are already made up and ready to go) and a total of 1500. The funny part about it is I'm getting a 3-5% response and only one guy didn't sign up that said he was interested. Also, not one of the customers falls into the 19.95 range, the avg range is 24.95 so far and I have a couple who are going bi-weekly in the higher range. I will use 21" mowers with one 48" that I'm going to purchase this week or next. The great news is that this guy mike calls from a landscape committee in a retirement community. Turns out he saw my flyer, they want me to bid on 47 units, I'm not saying that will fly but my name is getting around. The best thing is I don't do estimates, people can go to my web-site and see all the prices.

Dave O'Donnell
    located in new jersey
  2. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

Good Luck, It would be interesting to know if our concept works up North!
  3. daveyo

from N.J.

Mike, I will keep you updated if you are really interested. I am still offering other services until I can get up to at least 500 customers. So, as of now, we don't just cut lawns. However, this will change once we are big enough. I know this concept can work here in southern New Jersey, they are building cookie cutter homes every where with small lots, say in the 10,000-12000sq' range. One thing that seems so obvious is keeping customers within that 3 mile radius. I am and still will target the you know what out of those areas.

Thanks, keep your info coming!
    David O'Donnell
  4. TopCut

TopCut LawnSite Member

does the 3 mile radius work well for you guys? I am having to branch out farther to get the amount of customers a want. Am i not marketing right, or am i in the wrong place? I like the 19.95 deal though. i may start that here. let you know.
  5. rawx2

rawx2 LawnSite Member

what 'approach' are you guys talking about?

Can I get a link?
  6. daveyo

from N.J.

Topcut, the 3 mile radius works well here because there building homes everywhere you turn. A bigger radius of say 5 miles would work or even a little more. However your cutting down a little on how many lawns can get done in a day. Rawx2, do a search on justmowit you should find a link to him answering a lot of questions. If you don't find it let me know I have it in my Favorites. Please read the thread first, you just don't want to cut any size lawn for 19.95.

David O'Donnell
  7. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

So post a link to your website.....I would like to see what you have come up with.
  8. daveyo

from N.J.

The site is still under a little bit of construction i.e. the about us page is still being written, all the pictures are not up yet, so I figured people wouldn't want to see it. I'll give the url and tell me what you think. I have to give justmowit his dues, his concept on the minimums and flyers is all to his credit. I may have a little different prices than him but its the same concept.

David O'Donnell

P.S. Im also adding a mission statement and our credentials to the page.