1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

K&n Air Filter on my Kohler CV - 20 = Great!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Jason Pallas, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I forked over $50 or so over the winter and plumbed a couple of K&N Air Filters on a few of our Exmark / Kohler CV-20 machines. WOW! In just the first two weeks I've noticed a huge difference.
    The machines seem to have a TON more horse power. They've also been really good on gas - about 30-40% better. I'm just curious to know if other people have gone this route and invested in these high performance filters and if so, what has been your experience?
  2. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

Did you replace the commercial, two-stage filters? If so, what was the K&N filter you used? I'm planning on replacing my 21" mowers filters with K&N units.
    Thanks! :)
  3. laman

laman LawnSite Senior Member

I used k and n on a hot street car I had. After it had been one the car for a short while I could see fine holes in it. If this happens on a lawn mower dusty like it is in South Louisiana right now by by motor. I will stick with my commercial setup on my exmark. I don't have money to risk to have to put a new motor on it....
  4. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

A few days since I started this thread - just wanted to post a pic of the set-up for all of you. Very easy to do...... gas "mileage" is still great and I've noticed a huge increase in power. I wish I had done this years ago! I would really recommend it.

BTW - that's a shop-vac foam filter that's covering the actual K&N Filter - something I just improvised. Works well.