K-Rain MP recall

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by A23, Jun 5, 2014.

1. A23

A23 LawnSite Member

I don't have any other info on it, but my supplier said that K-Rain has recalled all of their MP nozzles because they don't meet the advertised distance or gpm. So they won't be available again (redesigned) until probably the end of the year. The K-Rain stuff I've used such as rotors and pop-ups have always been fine, but I do have to say that their MP stuff sucks.......almost as bad as their time clocks.

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

It doesn't surprise me. I got a free bag from one of the distributors I tried them out, they suck
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of hunter knockoff rotors are not turning right out of the boz too.

4. eludemann

eludemann LawnSite Member

I put one of the free sample 2000 ones in place of a hunter mp 2000 that broke last year. It seriously threw half the distance! I haven't used one since.

5. JayinDetroit

JayinDetroit LawnSite Member

The company I worked for the last three years only sold K-Rain. We had a 20 zone commercial install that required all mp's. My boss made my put the K-Rain junk mp's in for a few zones when he ran out of the regular mp's. They throw like crap and they use more water and it's easy to tell...

I think the majority of K-Rain products suck... That's my opinion, but they don't hold up...

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the warning guys. I am going to be doing an irrigation service where the homeowner put a few K Rain rotary nozzles in and left the rest spray nozzles. I was debating whether to buy more K Rain or else just go all MP Rotators.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Who is honestly shocked?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Not me. There is a reason why anything sold at the orange or grey and blue is questionable. I am not impressed when scrubs or DIY'ers think they can do just as good or better with hardware store components.

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

ER, Rain Bird, Toro and Hunter have ALL been available at HD or LOWES in the past.

They all have taken turns supplying the big box stores over the years, for whatever reason, I guess the volume contracts look good.

K-Rains rotor isn't a PGP knock off, It's actually Kah's patent in the first place.

Mp rotator out of walla walla was a separate company, got bought by hunter, can't really claim that win for hunter either. That's just an acquisition.

if you ask me ALL to rotator nozzles suck AFTER hunter bought them out.

the only ones I like now are toros….just with toro spray nozzles it's occasionally annoying to accidentally get a bag of "Innies" instead of "Outies"…. Kinda annoying when the warehouse kid doesn't notice there is a difference.

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Kah's rotor patent is for the reversing mechanism only. The first Hunter rotors did without it. Anyone remember those fixed-arc heads?