1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

K Rain Rotors and mist???

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirtykneez, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I could always work the big-ass slip-joint pliers to loosen the covers. The original Richdel version was the hardest to remove the ring from, so a tip of the gimme cap to them for the re-designed cover ring made from glass-filled nylon.
  2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I thought I saw the RB 5000 guts replacement for a PGP body at one time? Never used them but might be something to think about.
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have never had any issues with any valve over another, in repairs or otherwise, but have my preference for ease of of maint on hunger pgv. less bolts etc. i have jar top valve in place for over 12 yeras with no issues whatsoever, but chose not to keep using them due to hearing others complain of issues with them. my personal lawn has them, and not a lick of issues at all from them.
  4. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I would rather get that PGP totally out. Whats it take, about 2 min to dig up a head?
  5. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Flo-Pros rule!!
  6. Dirtykneez

Dirtykneez LawnSite Member

It really is a shame with irritrol I have a ton of original green, black, and white richdel/hardie valves in the ground with orig coils on them. No problems whatsoever.....
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

My understanding of the Irritrol solenoid re-design is that it is a complete cure for the freezing issues. Obviously, it still has to be executed correctly.
  8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

I run into so many hunter heads leaking I basically explain to the customer that I can replace them 1 at a time with a service call each time , or for $ xxxx.xx I can replace them all with rainbird and will warranty them for 2 years . I have pleanty of hunter heads behind the garage .
  9. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Where's the purple stuff?
  10. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

boots doesn't use glue, just dry fittings and a hammer!