k series bobcats

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcatboy, Dec 16, 2005.

1. bobcatboy

bobcatboy LawnSite Member

I talked to my bobcat salesman today. he said that they have the new k series loaders in. He also told me they had 2 s220's and 2 s300's. I am going to go check them out on modnday.

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Let's see how these turn out...

3. badranman

badranman LawnSite Member

I just bought a K series S185. Put 60 hrs on it in the the last 2 snow storms. Can only compare it to the '03 763 G seies I traded in. Actually I can't because I haven't driven it but my guys say it's 10 times better.

4. bobcatboy

what about it does your guys like better than the g series. From the things I read, it looks like they fixed everything that I didnt like about them.

5. badranman

badranman LawnSite Member

Well the 763 was basically a S150. The K series is supposed to have 8% more torque at the hydraulics. They notice a huge difference in pushing and lifting power. Again, this is compared to the 763. They say the fan is supposed to be quieter but I don't notice any difference. In my opinion it's not that much different than a G series. Maybe somone can pipe in who's had a G and the new K series of the same model.

6. bobcatboy

I have a g series s220, so when I go and look at them I will try and check all of the comparisons. Power was not ever an issue with this machine, the fan was one of my main concerns. thanks for the info.

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany