kabota mini mini

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 94gt331, Feb 20, 2013.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

I was wondering if anyone had experience using the mini kabota k008-3 escavator. Anyone talk about pro's and cons with this little machine. I'm going to look and run one next week. I'm looking into a machine for digging plants and trees and small digging projects during landscape projects. Just want to be more productive than shovels etc. I know this machine is very small but at a price of $18,000 new its tempting. Im not planning on doing heavy escavating anytime soon just for planting etc and small stuff any feedback would be appreciated.

2. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

unless there is absolutely no way you would hire more help, dont do it. A couple hard working employee's at 10-15 an hour are a much better imo.

3. 94gt331

Male

Do you have experience with this piece or equiptment.

4. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

I had a couple Takeuchi tb108's which are the same size and they were pretty neat. As you know it won't be digging for anything deep but to mess around and dig tight walkways its great. The kubotas hold their value very well around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

i have used one. Not for an extended period of time. But It had the backhoe style controls, and i felt it was really slow and jerky. Dont put to big of a bucket on it. It will feel really unbalanced.

6. 94gt331

Male

ok cool thanks. I don't feel i need a bigger machine, but mainly i can't justify spending lots of money for a bigger unit. I feel that this machine would be a good machine for the cheaper price and for landscaping jobs, planting trees and moving bolders and digging small trenches and pulling out bushes and smaller stumps etc. I will be more educated with the machine when i demo it next week. I deffinately need something for digging. I thought about a backhoe attachment for my skidsteer, but I'm not to impressed with those and don't want to get a mini backhoe either. Will see. I was also going to look at a bobcat 418 also.

7. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i rented one of the tiny kubota's last summer. also rented a bobcat 418. i'll never use the kubota again. the bobcat was very nice a smooth and a more stable digger. I highly recommend deoming the 418 before buying the kubota. good luck,

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

can you fit something a little bigger like a takeuchi tb016? the tracks retract to 39" wide. I rented one of these and I cant imagine doing anything with a smaller machine besides digging in a sand box.

the fact that you mention boulders and stumps make me think it will be severely underpowered

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think you would better off with mini skid steer with attachments :waving:

10. 94gt331

Male

What did you like about the bobcat how did it perform well would you reccomend it for landscapers. There's a bobcat dealer a half mile from my shop so we are setting up a demo hopefully soon.
    What didn't you like about the kabota also.