Kabota's new ZD Pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kaufmaninc, Feb 22, 2003.

1. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Since they've just hit the market with the Fabricated deck, how well do you think they'll be received? We all know Kabota makes excellent engines, & from talking to other LCO's, excellent machines.

I personally am glad they have changed decks. I do believe, knowing the quality of their other products, that they will start to take market share from the other Manufacturers. Competition means we all win.

What'd ya think?

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I think you're probably right. I have a demo coming up later on this week I'll let you know how it goes. I am going to try to get one with the fab. deck if not I'll have to wait to demo it, being one of the reasons I'm looking at them is because they are now coming with a good deck.

3. IBGreen

Kaufman have you priced one of the fab decks yet?

4. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

The 60" fab deck is $300 more. The 72" is the same price for the stamped or fab deck. I saw the new fab deck out in Utah for it's release. The thing mows awsome!! It blew the grass out a little farther than the exmark. The quality of cut was great!!!

5. IBGreen

Did it cut better than the exmark in you're opinion?

6. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

I think it was about the same or a little better. It did leave LESS clippings behind after the cut. When you think about how much less maintenance there is on this machine thats a plus too. It only has 1 belt that runs the blades. And a great warr. 2 yr front to back and 3 on the driveline. I sell kubota's but I also have one in my lawn maint. biz too. I also had exmarks too, just to show you I'm not biased