1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kaeser Compressor on Ebay

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirt Boy, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if any of you happened to notice or know anything about this deal.
    Ebay # 260182555258 Kaeser pull behind air compressor out in Troy NY, this was a few weeks ago, then the exact same unit, same picture, everything except it's now #320207589660 out in Aspen CO.

Sold for over 4k in NY then 2k in CO.

I was interested in it, but thought something was a little fishy, so didn't pursue it.

Both listings are over, but I was just curious if anybody else noticed this.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Not the same compressor. More like the same photo, and 'borrowed' by the seller in Aspen.
  3. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Bummer, it looked funny, I asked the seller, didn't get a reply, so stayed shy of it.

If it was as advertised, that's a good deal!
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Also look on craigslist.com. That is where I found both of mine.
  5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Typical Ebay scam.
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's a typical newbie seller problem. They don't know from image editing (where have we heard that before) and grab at something they find. Smart sellers often watermark their photos to make it obvious who owns the photo. When an image thief actually copies the URL of an image to put in their auction, and the owner finds out, some nasty fun can ensue. They'll go back to the site that hosts the image, and change it into something that ridicules the thief. Now you have an auction for stadium concert tickets that shows a map of the seating that indicates the seats in the auction are right next to the portapotties. Or an auction for a computer motherboard shows a series of images of sledgehammer, blowtorch, and steamroller destruction of "the actual board in this auction" along with a rhetorical question of 'do you really want to buy something from someone who horks my bandwidth'

Also, the actual compressor in the Aspen auction could be beat to $#!+, with 11,000 hours on the meter.