Kajun Flood Workz, LLC

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KrayzKajun, Apr 29, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I'm surprised sunbelt let you haul it. Ours went us haul anything. They're equipment trailers sit unused lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KrayzKajun

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KrayzKajun

I've been really focused on my landscape company and it is really paying off.

Flood & hurricane season are slowly creeping up on us. I've been taking one night out the week and working on flood Workz stuff for a few hours. Working in getting a website up with videos of us and my attachment in action. May do a blog that updates flood scales and storm tracking.

Made a some great contacts over the winter. Some as far north as Fargo, ND. I've gotten some interest in our services from a few cities along the Mississippi River and Ohio river valley area.

More too come. Trying setup a demo on a new kubota svl90 to see how it handles the sandbag attachment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

come down this way jacob! We have had a huge amount of snow this year, and when it melts there is going to be some serious flooding!

6. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Same here, we've had almost 60" of snow and none of it has melted because its stayed so cold.

7. KrayzKajun

I've been doing a good bit of research on past flood events. I'm at the mouth of the Mississippi River. We are the last ones to get the effects of spring flooding. It's seems I would be better off focusing on providing services to the Mississippi, Ohio & red river valleys.

Theoretically you can mobilize and get from Louisiana to North Dakota & any stop in between in less than 48 hours.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ethan51

Ethan51 LawnSite Member

Hey Jacob, I remembered you made a comment regarding a 24' or 28' enclosed for KFW, and I just found this on my local Craigslist: http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/4294528169.html. It would be quite a drive for you, but for $5000, instead of $8,000, it might be worth it! I hope all is well man!

9. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

That's a rough looking unit there.

Appears to have been parked in that place for a while, I bet the underside of it isn't to pretty. Possibly missing an axle as well.

10. KrayzKajun

It's crazy how things just start to look up all of a sudden. Just got an email with an invitation to bid on parts of a local Flood Gate project. Printing out the specs now and will make a site visit this week. I've got till the 25th to get my parts together. Woohoo
    Posted via Mobile Device