1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City - Mulch delivered

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by bigrig1, Jun 6, 2005.

1. bigrig1

bigrig1 LawnSite Member

Any KC landscapers get bulk mulch delivered to jobs vs. having a special trailer to haul it with. I noticed most nurseries don't deliver it. Was thinking about purchasing a dump bed for a truck and delivering mulch.
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to get it in bulk from Suburban but to be honest I went to bags instead. Not that much of a difference in price and its alot easier on the back.
  3. Bennett H&L

Bennett H&L LawnSite Member

i found double ground dark mulch , and its round 12 to 17 a cubic yard
  4. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

where is suburban located? I'm paying 23 a cu yd for cedar and 24 for double ground, but that is the cheapest in Lawrence.
  5. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

how do you charge per yard, for del and spread?
  6. capitallandscapes

capitallandscapes LawnSite Member

Green Expectations (913.897.8076) sells mulch and delivers free w/ three yards or more. I have only bought dyed mulch from them for $26 a yard. Regular mulch will probably be less.
  7. capitallandscapes

I charge $75 a yard for dyed mulch installed, and $65 a yard for hardwood installed. Usually have it delivered since its free.
  8. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

I have a river rock job and need to find a good supplier. Empire wants 55-175 per ton, Randy's wants 40-190 per ton. Also need geo plastic and high end plastic edging

Who's got the best prices for materials?
  9. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I was thinking about buying one of this discontinue model. I just want to know if anyone ever had one of these, and what is you input on it?
    HG 36"-15KA 15 HP Kawasaki Recoil Single Lever Speed
  10. capitallandscapes

Plastic edging is never high end. Rent a bed edger and cut a natural edge.