1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard people are charging $13 per 1,000 sq ft. with a minimum of $75.
  2. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I was tinking about buying one but i'm not sure what brand to get.
    I like Bluebird but i think i want something wider and easy to control on the hill.

3. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I would highly reccomend a Ryan :waving:
  4. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

Thanks, captaingreen.
  5. TYGRO1

TYGRO1 LawnSite Member

Have you ever been fined?
  6. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Do you think a very professional service provider could get a days worth of work in the Blue Springs, Lees Summit area with just high quality door hangers? I would like to move my operation to the KC area but would rather do it in phases. Considering hanging a several thousand door hangers the first of March. We offer mowing, dethatching, aerating, overseeding, shrub trimming, installs(seeded or sod), and are licensed applicators. We have a very professional looking setup, new equipment, uniformed employees. Do you think we could grow very fast?
  7. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I live on the KS side but from what i have seen BS and LS are expanding at vert fast rate. I think in the last 3 years there have been over a few thousand new houses built there. New shopping areas are going up. Those 2 towns are really expanding.
  8. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Yea, you could grow down here, but you have to realize that while there may be some competition in Marshall, there is a ton down here in the KC area, especially in the LS, and BS areas. Not saying that you couldn't make it work, but there is a ton of established competition.
  9. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

sup Greg, to add to the answer, I don't think it's possible to expand quickly unless you have huge man power for sales along with a huge or outstanding marketing campaign. A days worth of work a week (I figure that's what you mean, mowing) would be doable but I would guess that it'd take door hangers, door to door and ads plus thirty to forty man hours in sales alone (for residential sales). I started my business with zero clients and had thirty by the end of summer but I worked my butt off with flyers and door to door (had to pay bills) and most of those customers were'nt ideal and didn't last long. They just kinda filled the voids in my budget (crudely).

But your idea sound like it had plenty of positive benefits and little risk so why not try?
  10. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

Anyone provide top dressing as a service? I have a client that is interested in top dressing his lawn, however I don't have an efficient means of providing this service. If someone was equipped to do it and is interested, give me a call @ 816-665-3979. This lawn is in Lee's Summit.

Thanks, Tim.