Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

Business has been good lately. How's business going here in KC for other contractors?
    Hoping to hit the lake this weekend to cool off and relax after our great weather lately.

And does anyone do concrete patios and driveways? I could use a good sub or someone to team up with on my concrete projects. I seem to get them often to some degree.
    Ryan

2. Popper357

I am wondering how the metro market is for landscaping. Anyone work in landscaping and know about where the best market is? I have been passing out flyers on the nicest homes in Raytown and haven't gotten any calls so far, so I want to pass out more in better locations like Lakewood or NKC. Trying to get enough work to keep me and a helper busy but so far business has been hit and miss. I'm good at bidding work and can do almost any landscape type job correctly, on time and on budget so anyone out there with some sub work or refferals, please PM me. Thanks

Also what type of print ad is working well? I've posted in Raytown Tribune and Thrifty Nickell with some success at finding small jobs, a KC Star ad didn't get much all spring and I ended it, but maybe this is a better time of year for that. Hows the yellow page ads working, I'll be in next years edition.
    Thanks

3. Popper357

KC Star ad has done better, ten calls in one week. Sold several jobs.

Need some yews (hedge type) and checked Bannister Gardens today. 25% off on very good looking yews. 37.50 each (no gar.). I need 8-16 if anyone can beat this deal. I can post pics of the Bannister Gardens stock for comparision.
    Anyone got the stuff PM please
    Ryan

4. Rayray

Rayray LawnSite Member

Hey Popper,,,when are u going to go dirtbike riding again???,,,,,call me up ,i been dieing to pull my honda outta the shed,,,,,816-716-2341 ray

5. Popper357

Maybe this weekend... I'll get back to you. What kind of bike you got? Probably hit the MX track
    Thunder hill is open tonight

6. Rayray

Rayray LawnSite Member

honda xr350 ,,its a beast for me, i cant handle it very well, prob not the best bike to start off with. I also have a 300ex that i am rebuilding right now, what do u ride?

7. Popper357

hell that xr350 is a awesome bike to start on for offroading. It's heavy yea but it's a solid bike with good power and suspension (for it's era)

I ride the tracks mostly though, a race bike is neccessary for MX tracks
    My crf450r is my prize possesion and it's way lighter than your 350

My buddy Andrew has a few trikes
    I know where to go for trails and tracks around here. You can ride your quad at Grindstone (allowed on the track). It's off the chain

8. Popper357

Anyone selling some mowing accounts, let me know, I'm looking to buy. Thanks

9. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I need to find a dealer for a brown bed edger, i need to buy at least by tuesday so I need to know asap. Brown's website is of no help. Thanks for any help.

10. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Popper357,
    What does the guy that bought all of your mowing accounts think of you wanting to get back into business? Did he not make you sign a non compete? I had a funny feeling when we were talking about your accounts glad I did what I did.