Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

I'm getting the feeling that you guys are starting to view me as a undercutter WHICH I AM NOT! I'm here to make money and do quality work at a high, but fair price.

I think this woman's back yard will take me all of 30 minutes if not 40 minutes. If I'm there 30 minutes at $120 dollars and hour and that's pretty good work for me.

Racer how'd you get your phone to ring 25 times?

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to know what your minimum cost's are to drop your ramp every time you go out and work. That's how you set your costs.

3. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

I basically stick with $60 dollars an hour and that's what I quoted. I said a $20 dumping fee to make it sound better.

4. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

$60 an hour sounds steep to me. I can understand $100 minimum to show up and $30-$40 per hour but $60 sounds high. Great if you can get it though.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

That's what I'm at also. I rarely ever have a clean-up for less than $100. I have had them, but usually when the leaves are almost all gone.

6. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Yes what do you need done?

7. racer56

from Kansas

To make the phone ring we did direct mailer, signs, flyer drops. Helps to own a small printing company,lol. Getting the phone to ring is EASY getting the jobs at what we want to work for is the hard part,lol. I'll give you a tip here that most might not believe but it's true. The flyer needs to be black and white only. We have tracked the hit rate and the hit rate is ALWAYS higher with black and white. Normally 3-4 times higher. They say color sells and it does but not in this business. Not to mention b&w cost is 21 times less than color. I don't really claim to know why this is the case but it is.
    Please don't misunderstand I'm not trying to market our printing service here as we only do large run jobs. I'm not really involved with the print biz just a company we own. Find a guy that will give you a good price and get them printed then I'll tell you how to get them out the fastest.

8. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Whats the fastest way to get them out...

9. racer56

from Kansas

Wilson
    Are you still interested in our stander for sale? Fastest way is sandwhich bag with flyer and card in it then toss a rock or 2 in with it to weight it down. Drive through the neighborhood you want to do some work in Saturday late very late or early Sunday morning and toss them right by the Sunday paper. Works like a charm. You can send me a check for all the time I just saved you. By the way our hit rate with this method is over 3 times (I can get exact numbers) above what rubber banding them to the door is.

10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Im working on getting a trailer back in shape and I need some mesh installed on a gate and then horizontal supports for the mesh. Just a regular sized gate...