Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

we've cut places with the baggers on to suck up debris. we are also cutting grasses as we mulch. doin what ever while the weather is nice. gonna try to install a sprinkler next week if it dries some.

2. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

We will start our Spring clean-ups and bed clean outs next week, weather permitting.

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to wait a couple weeks still, but I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do this year. In January, I accepted a position as Operations Manager for CAS in Lee's Summit, they've been trying to get me for years but the things just couldn't work out right. I have my snow/salt covered, but am still trying to decide how I'm going to handle my contracts for the next season. One of the things that we did w/ CAS was have the guys start working four 10-hour days (Mon - Thurs) & any emergency calls after-hours & w/e would be O/T. I renewed just enough of my maintenance accounts so far to keep them if I intend to do them on my own as a long day on Friday. Back to part-time mowing if I go that route, but am still considering sub-contracting or hiring. I also registered the new company name a few weeks ago, just need to work on getting things changed over on the insurance & work on getting the bank accounts & licenses changed. Oh the joys of dual-business management!

4. carcrz

Dave ~ I need some mulch at the house when I get some free time to install it. Maybe next week weather permitting.

5. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

All my grasses are done, am ready for spring clean ups...
    As long as we don't have snow, better do something..
    Lots of hard shrub pruning too...

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Guess I better get my butt in gear then!

7. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I am thinking to, I am going to do some clean-ups then start getting my 18x24 signs out and maybe cold call on peoples doors there are alot of gumballs out there!

8. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

What is everyones prediction for the start of weekly cuts? Last year seemed to be a little late.

9. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I am, as usual starting the 1-2nd week in April. Maybe a week earlier
    That is after a complete cleanup. The grass is already greening up.

10. carcrz

Depending on temp, somewhere between the 3rd week of March & no later than the first week of April.