1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

from the looks of how many toro grandstands they have, they want to be #1 with those as well.
  2. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

So no ones going to throw me a bone!
  3. itsallaboutthestripes

itsallaboutthestripes LawnSite Member

Begging for a bone? Mail them and take your chances.
  4. wright5223

You shell out 7K in the middle of winter! "You would be asking the same question!"
  5. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Mail 'em - springs almost here, weathers gonna get nice - people will start thinking about their lawns soon
  6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

If youre spending that much you should know already when to do it ;)
  7. wright5223

All I am trying to do is ask everyone a question and all I am getting in return are smart a$$ answers am I on the right thread are we suppose to be helping each other out here is is it me!:confused:
  8. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I never do flyers. Waste of time and $$$. I knock on the doors of neighbors where I am currently mowing/doing a project. But they have to have a decent yard to begin with...no thin, weedy yards. I have gotten lots of jobs this way.

I have seen your yard signs around, how's that working for you?
  9. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Wright I am sorry for the smart a$$ comments that some guy's make. You have to realize that this board is full of people who do this part-time and are not solely dependent on it for income so they really don't have as much at stake. With that being said I think you really need to look at the weather as a deciding factor when to send them out. It really is a crap shoot. My opinion the BEST time is late March to early April. Again depending on weather. Good Luck!
  10. wright5223

Wow! I have picked up a few jobs here and there I put out about 5 yesterday, I can have the city not touch them when It's going to be nice outside I mite get a few more I am just trying to do some things before my mailier get out!