1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup. We sure did.

I do things a little differently then most companies. I dont cut it short in the fall so in the early spring I cant cut a layer of brown off and underneath is all green. It gives the grass a jumpstart and with the fert in the pre-em it starts to grow sooner and quicker.

If they call and ask for the cut then Im doing it.

2. IN2MOWN

Thats exactly what Im talking about. First cuts. Some of my yards will need cutting the following weeks though. I usually have 100% of my yards started by the 4th week in April. Later in April because of the zosia.

3. bandbmowing

bandbmowing LawnSite Member

Not sure if anyone is looking for a new mower, but I found this deal on criagslist and I have talked with Doug, so I thought I would share. He has:
    4 - 52" Everride Scorpions (23hp 2 Kawasaki's ($4,999) and 2 Kohler ($4,799))
    4 - 48" Everride Scorpions ( I think they are for $4,500)
    4 - 34" Great Dane Stand ons (can't remember how much in the 4k area though)
    1 - 66" Everride Warrior for $7,000
    1 - Everride Hornet, for $5,500, I don't remember how big the deck was on it.

His number is 816-898-6712 and his name is Doug

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/1048502270.html

4. AmesLandscaping

AmesLandscaping LawnSite Member

I always go back and look at invoices from the past years for start times.... It's hard to judge sometimes.... But I always seem to be out the first time from March 17th to the 20th.... And why.... Cause my main job in in drywall all over....And when you drive all over doing clean up, and going to the dump, And if all the BIGGER crews are out doing it.... There no reason the little guy can't... I am ready, can't wait..... This 18 hr a week crap is getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!! My grass money was " play money" now it's pay the bills money............ Everybody hang in there, I hope this turns around soon... I only lost 1 cut, but it was due to the owner selling the building... And the new owners use one of the BIG guys.... Oh well, Just try and pick up another some where...................:weightlifter:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  5. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, we go around and around every year. Every year is different, so I just try to call it as I see it. No hard feelings. Fun to cuss and discuss. Who do any of you use for tree work. I can do ornamental stuff, but I need a outfit that can do take downs, specialty pruning in big trees etc...

Any ideas...

We all really need to do a lunch sometime and do a meet and greet.

6. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

Your right we need to all meet up before we get to busy!

7. IN2MOWN

I gotta buddy who owns a tree company called Franzwa Tree Care. His # is 913-422-9444. His name is Mike. Been in business a while now. He's got a forestry degree from Iowa State. Certified arborist. Liscenced and insured to the hilt. Little pricey but his work is worth it. He's out of western Lenexa but goes all over.

8. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

GO HAWKS
    anyone else taking a long lunch watching the game?

9. IN2MOWN

Great game... :(

10. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

that sucked. missed 2 hours of work for that! damn.