Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I should have the equipment out & going this week if all goes well. I've been getting calls for landscape maintenance since last week. Dad asked if he could try his hand at the mowing again after taking a break from it for 5 years now. Funny how things work out. I worked for him for many many years & now the tables have turned.

2. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone's phone ring for weekly mowing's yet? I got my mailier out a week ago got 45 calls 10 new lawns 10 aerations and a few BS calls, and not a call yet this week, You would think with sending out 25K my phone would blow up:cry:

3. LBLC_LCO

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I've had only a few calls in the last week, picked up only 1 new account. Have only sent out about 2,000 fliers/doorhangers though.

JM with the 25K you sent out (they looked amazing by the way) I figured you would have all sorts of calls.

4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

The grass has barely started to grow. Give it some time. Also expeect people to be making cut backs this year.

5. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Gosh we just had a snow event be patient!! Our phones not ringing with new customers yet but we are getting more add-on's than we can handle with our existing customers.

6. wright5223

Thanks! for the comment!

7. badassgrass

badassgrass LawnSite Member

Wright: Did you send 25k all at once? We send our over a three week period hoping to hit some nice days. At the end not sure if it really makes a difference.

8. wright5223

they went out on the 19th and 20th

9. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

it is cold and nasty out.

10. AmesLandscaping

AmesLandscaping LawnSite Member

I am glad we have got the rain... Set at the legends during the snow storm..all 8 feet we were supposed to get :confused:... And never got..... But we were called to be there and waiting.... What happened to a few week ago.... 70's sunny.... I have calls for weed spraying.... But between my normal day job and the rain... I can't do it...... And the grass is coming up quick...... I would say in the next 2 weeks with sunny days and nice temps we will all be busy again............. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............

And on a different note....Anybody needing stuff.... For yards, lots etc.... Check out The New Grass pad in Bonner Springs.... Nice people, Great store..... Call and ask for Billy at 913-422-4433 or his sell at 816-806-0934 or email at billygrasspad@sbcglobal.net
    Tell Him that Ameslandscaping sent you....... Thanks