Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

mow 15 today it wasent very fun but they needed it.

2. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone looking for an aerator I have one for sale a lawnair 5 less than 10hrs on it, I need the space asking $2500 if interested call me 913.789.8572

I was going to mow but since it was going to get to cold I didn't want to strees out the lawn!

100_0869.jpg

3. rl53103

rl53103 LawnSite Member

I Don't agree with mowing before April ,,,,,Just my thoughts ,,,,,the grass just started growing a few days ago,,,,,but if you all can find work to cut more power to you ..I just don't do it ,,,,,I've had a few customers tell me that some companys take advantage of mowing to early ,,,,but what do i know ,,,,,,,,,,,I think if you get by with it ,,,then great

Later Ray

4. LBLC_LCO

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 15 lined up for tomorrow...not looking forward to it. Damn cold. May push some to wednesday, might just be to cold in the morning. I won't mow if there's frost. Can get some afternoon mowing in for sure though.

5. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

You won't mow if there is frost whats up with that. We have done it that way for years but you know we also just don't care about what's best for the lawn either. JK!

6. LBLC_LCO

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I mean like frozen grass, a little frost ok. It's going to be cold tonight but I guess it's not going to completely freeze the grass...hope that makes sense.

Watching the weather and they said it's gonna be too windy for it anyway. Just gonna be a cold start in the morning.

7. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i had lawns that needed mowed 2 weeks ago. some have been cut 2 times now and 0 times on others. if its growing, i'm cutting. what does date have to do with when a lawn needs mowed?

8. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

Same here i have cut some lawns 2 times and other 0. Some were 6 inches tall 2 weeks ago. It depense on where it is located, with trees or not and if it has been fertilized.

9. gander54

gander54 LawnSite Member

Hey Wright5223, did you send out 2,500 mailers or 25,000 mailers. I was just wondering

Thanks
    Kristopher

10. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

25,000 and I have got crap for calls, me and everyone else thought that is flier was going to be the mother of all mailiers, I am hoping to get some more lawns because this time of year really sucks! I am sitting at about 70 weeklys but I am really wanting to get about 80 plus.