Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone do hydroseeding? If so give me a call 913-422-5111. Thanks

2. Baywatch

Baywatch LawnSite Member

Hey applicators, what is the missouri law with respect to posting flags after an application. I see some guys put them out for everything and other guys only putting them out when they are spraying. I just glanced at the Mo pesticide use act and didn't see any specifics with regards to the flags.

Thanks

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

There are no laws regarding them. It's more of a courtesy and an advertising thing.

4. badassgrass

badassgrass LawnSite Member

Wright; Your not alone. We sent out 5,000 postcards over three weeks and got a .2%. return (not 2% but .2%). Targeting zip code, homes over $250,000, income over $150,000 and age over 45. We tested the list and it was a good listing.

We get a 2% return on handwritten envelopes with a stamp and no return address. They got to open it. They look like it came from someone they know.

We were hoping for at least a 1% call ratio. But so far, not even near it.

5. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

.2% is high generally its .1% or less. Unfortunately it's easy to get sold on something that looks good to you. You have to make it look good to the consumer for them to call. With the amount of trash people get in the mail it generally goes in the trash.

6. badassgrass

We consider 2% high but not .2% (2 tenth of one %). Right now we would love a 1% return.

Our handwritten address on envelopes with a letter always got a 2% response . Even with different listing. But it is a lot more work and expense.

We also mail to the same listing around three times over a 4 month period.

7. badassgrass

8. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

Good day for mowing, got 16 done. Good thing i didnt listen to the weather men. It would of been a wasted day sitting at home.

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I was out south in Leawood and got dumped on for 30 minutes while I was trying to finish up trimming and blowing a yard off.

Good times...

10. ninothing

ninothing LawnSite Member

Anyone have a recommendation for seed/sod for a HEAVY SHADE KC area lawn?