1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a visit with Mo Commercial Vehicle Enforcement today. Held me up for 1 hr. But got off with just a warning. No medical card and the Vin number on the trailer is pealing off. They were set up on 210 hwy right by 291. They were stopping people 2 at a time. I saw another LCO that was still there when I was done. I hope they didn't take him out of service.

2. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

Must be the day for inspections. I had a site visit by our friendly MO Dept of Ag inspector I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice she actually was to me. Looked over license, insurance, and records. Saw that all chemicals stored in containers, gloves, protective eyewear. All in all good visit now if I could only get that 30 minutes back.

Matt

3. robertsturf

They had 40 guys pulled over on Manchester by Mo Organic today, they pulled one of my buddies over and cited him for an expired DL.

4. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

40! Whats with this recent crackdown?

5. LBLC_LCO

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be at Mo Organic this morning....

I guess I need to get up to speed on what is needed, I just pull a 5x8 trailer, so what is it that we are supposed to have or do?

6. robertsturf

They said the reason for the crack-down is last year in Missouri there were over 600 accidents involving LCO's with everything from mowers falling off trailers to trimmers and hand-helds. They are trying to run the illegal operations out of the state.

7. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

Or maybe they are trying to boost revenue and such. What do I know though.

Matt

8. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Finally caught up from all the rain over the last 2 weeks! Its nice to go into a weekend with no mowing.

9. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

so true.:clapping:

10. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

anyone going to the great american bbq this weekend at sandstone? if so, come by our food booth and say hi. i'll give discounts. we do the philly cheesesteaks and italian beef sandwiches. hopefully be a busy weekend.