Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Mark was a great guy. Went to school with most of his siblings. Makes me think about safety and how it is good to slow down sometimes. Life is too short already!

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Im so damn excited! Just picked up my biggest contract to date. 6 commercial buildings!

3. vaughnslawns

vaughnslawns LawnSite Senior Member

congrat....:cool2::):usflag:

4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Now the fun part begins. Collecting from them. We had an experience with a mngmt. co for a property. Turns out you sign a contract with the mgmt co and not the property. The mgmt co goes chapter 11 and we have to wait for our money. We can't even put a lein on the building we service because our contract is not through them. Congratulations but be careful. I hope it works out great for you!!

5. IN2MOWN

Im always worried about collections whether its commercial or residential. He said he was going to pre-pay the rest of the season and then I will re-write the contract next year.

I hope it works out also.

Thanks!

6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

They are not all bad just a few. I am always concerned when someone approaches us in the middle of the season for a existing property. I am sure you will do well and I am not trying to in anyway rain on your parade. It is really hard to get new business in this industry without your piers (sp) trying to discourage you.

7. IN2MOWN

I know exactly what you are saying! I get a little worried also when someone approaches me late and then tells me horror stories about the other company. For the most part I think they are BS'ing me.

Ill let you know how it goes. Ive been afraid to grow. Im sitting at almost 60 accounts right now and I think something like this could really push me ahead.

It seems though for the last couple years I have gotten a ton of mid season calls due to guys trying like hell to start companies and then taking on to much or doing bad work and going out of business.

I've been around long to know there are bad customers out there. I hope this pans out for me.

Thanks for the advice!

8. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats in2

9. IN2MOWN

Thanks man!

Ive worked on 2 of them in the last 2 days. The beds are just out of control but Im getting them back in shape.

Also recieved the check for August today! On top of that got 2 calls for residential estimates.

10. vaughnslawns

vaughnslawns LawnSite Senior Member

here abought the park fellow that was pined between mower and tree? found dead!!!!:cry:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009