Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. rl53103

rl53103 LawnSite Member

Independence , MO

2. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

It's a nice church I'll tell ya, Were you there when they did the construction on it ?, It's a nice place but I'll make it look better than rosehill ever could, Also had my eagle scout court of honor there today !!!!!!!.

3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

there has been alot of construction there over the years that i remember. i was married there 21 years ago. it was always a nice setting though. lots of old trees.

4. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering how many working days or hours everyone uses to figure overhead costs for the year. Thanks

5. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

well, is the snow gonna make it here or not? this morning they shifted the storm track just alittle more north. maybe well get some. another january billing would be nice.

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I keep hearing it wont be here.

7. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

This sitting around stuff is gettin old :cry:, winter was flying by when it was snowing every other day I've been going to the gym twice a day to make time go by

8. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

I hit the gym once a day. I don't go back to school till March so i've got a lot of waiting to do.

9. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

I pulled this from Gary Lezaks blog, whom I personally think is the most accurate forcaster in KC.

A major winter storm is about to form southwest of Kansas City. Freezing rain, sleet, and snow will be developing across western and northern Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, southern Kansas, and southern Missouri Thursday into Friday. This will likely be a rather wet storm so if you have travel plans to the south there will likely be significant impacts on travel to our south. This is another tricky storm and as it has just moved inland across Southern California.

There has been a trend slightly northward on the models and we must pay close attention to this trend. Over the years I have seen many storm systems taking aim on Kansas City with Omaha and Des Moines expecting just a few clouds, and then suddenly we bust our forecast and they get blasted to the north. So, only a slight shift north and we could be Omaha and Des Moines.

The latest models are coming out, and the NAM stopped the northward trend for now. It still forecasts the snow to work its way into the southern part of our viewing area, just south of Kansas City. There is a lot of time left for this storm to come farther north which would have a significant impact on our local area, but slightly farther south and this storm will miss us to the south.

We will answer your questions through early this afternoon, but I don't want to overanalyze this storm with it still being 36 hours away and Kansas City being on the edge. We will put more effort into our analysis later on in the day, so check back in. In the mean time a weak disturbance is passing by today with some thick cloud cover and possibly a snow shower or two. Have a great start to your day

10. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

I like Gary too but that may be his way of not screwing up by waiting until it is like yup its gonna snow as we look outside and see snow falling to the ground.

Matt