Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

I have an encore and love it.
    I did own a gravely one time and it was junk.

2. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

where did everybody go?

3. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been busy started contacting customers to see if they want me back or not! I need to find out how much I need to get together on advertising

4. vaughnslawns

vaughnslawns LawnSite Senior Member

metro show at starts today.

5. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

What was up with that freak snow today? Holy cow!

6. motoxr34

motoxr34 LawnSite Member

Hey guys I saw the thread and thought I would say hello. I mow in the Northland area. I have recently decided to mow full time and am wanting to ask some basic questions.

When is the best time to start advertising for new customers?

Is there a time frame for a mowing season that everyone goes by?

I am not wanting to lowball anyone and cheat them out of their well earned customers so I hope someone can give me a basic pricing structure that is being used in the Northland as well. Do it by the yard or by the minute?

Is it a good idea to just mow and refer all customers for fertilizing and seeding to a company that does nothing but that?

What grass seed is everyone using in the Northland?

Is there anyone out there who just does application that is interested in a referral agreement?

Any help or suggestions for a new guy will be greatly appreciated.

Brandon:confused:

7. vaughnslawns

vaughnslawns LawnSite Senior Member

$ 35.00 min

8. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like 5-7 possible for Sunday going into Monday! Im hoping this is the last storm of the year!

9. rl53103

rl53103 LawnSite Member

Me too
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Like I tell everyone else there is not a bad time for advertising. Start now. Do it early and do it often!

We mow FT from the last weekend in March till the last week in October. Last year I was still cutting lawns every 10 days into November. I try and get about 32 weeks of mowing in.

We have a $35.00 minimum excluding special circumstances like a duplex or condo.

We are starting chemical apps next season (2011). I have found most people like the "one stop shop". Just remember that you have to be licensed to put down any sort of weed control or pesticide. As far as seeding goes...do it yourself. Its a great add on and you can make good profits.

We use a thin fescue blend when we overseed.