1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

what are your guys' thoughts on a good TTTF seed? Think Pennington is the best? We have been using Defiance, really liked it but if there is something better out there i will try it...if i remember correctly helena was selling it for around $50 a bag last year...
  2. Ethan51

Ethan51 LawnSite Member

Whats up guys!? Owner of integrated lawn and tree, you will see my signs all around kc, green and yellow and they kinda hurt your eyes if you look at them too long haha.

Give me a shout if you need a sub contractor or help with a job, 913-428-6126

3. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

What kind was that for I was up there yesterday!
  4. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

I think that was for the 3 way fescue blend with a little bit of bluegrass mixed in.
  5. greatlawn

greatlawn LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I was wondering about that seed. What kind was it. That is extremly CHEAP. How many bags on a palllet?
  6. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Member
    from KCMO

I got a call from some one at true green trying to sell me seed at $1.00 a pound. Free delivery and 90 day pay. 3 way fescue blend. Cheaper than I just paid from grass pad. What go you guys think. Would any of you or do you buy seed from them?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. greatlawn

greatlawn LawnSite Member

I get mine from American Midwest Dist. pm me for the contact information.

8. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

I picked up the 3 way fescue from Donnie at John Deere for like $52 a bag today. So a little over $1 a pound for some blue label. The best price I could get from Grass Pad was $1.19 lb
  9. nparish

nparish LawnSite Member
    from KCMO

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to all the kc area lcos. I'm not working for myself yet but am working for a nationwide Co. Managing one account: oak park mall. The place is not looking too great now as we have irrigation off on most of the northside of property due to some construction. I'm looking to branch out on my own next season, ill probably be looking for accounts this December, what do you guys think?
  10. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

Is it brickman doing oak park Mall? They need to cleanup some of that mulch they still have. I thought they would of had an in-house crew there.