Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

robertsturf it's an 18 hp recoil start.

2. kamikaze_fish

kamikaze_fish LawnSite Member

Hey all. I'm new to lawnsite and decided to try my hand at mowing this year. I'm going to have lots of questions because I don't want to be one of those that undercuts the market, driving prices down and screwing myself over too. Anyway, I'm in Belton and eager to get to know everyone.

3. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the Biz!!

4. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i'm outta here. vacation for 8 days. cruise and Florida.

5. Crimson Lawn

If its a Carnival Cruise, take a 5 gal bucket and some MRE's.

6. Crimson Lawn

How did everybody do on this last storm?
    Atleast as wet as it was made pushing and cleaning a bit easier. Only worked about 13 hrs instead of 24. Made about the same. Nothing broke although my 2 stage clogged a few times and even froze up when snow got packed in and froze between stops.

7. kamikaze_fish

kamikaze_fish LawnSite Member

Did much better than the last storm we had. It was nice with it not already being piled up everywhere.

8. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

Missouri department of agriculture just informed me that they are unable to grant reciprocity because in Kansas I am only a certified commercial applicator in turf pest control (category 3b). Apparently Missouri does not have "turf pest control" but instead combines it with ornamental pest control and calls it category 3. Had I known this mid winter I would have studied and taken the ornamental exam when I took the 3b in Kansas. So anyone in the Kansas side of the metro studying for the commercial pesticide applicator exam don't make the mistake I did. What a pita.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm curious what you guys pay in insurance as a commercial applicator. I am using a independent agent and he has quoted me at $968 annually with $350 upfront costs. Is this similar to what you guys pay? Anyone have a recommendation on a agent near the Blue Springs area?

10. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

I paid $798 for commercial liability with state required pesticide coverage. Entire policy was required to be paid in full once approved via underwriting. My agent was a vp for a large landscaping company in the area before becoming an agent 15 years ago hence he is very familiar with our industry. His name is Robert Davis and is located near College & Nall in Leawood.
    Posted via Mobile Device