Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Ethan51

Ethan51 LawnSite Member

I am asking $1100, but for lawnsite guys I'll let it go for $1000!
    Here is the craigslist ad: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/grd/4353173965.html

Shoot me a text, and I can snap some more pictures of it to send. It has leaves on it right now, I will hopefully get around to cleaning it off tomorrow before the snow arrives.

2. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I was messing around on TruGreens site and saw that they are charging $220 to aerate a lawn approx 8k sq ft. That comes out to about $28 per 1000sq ft. I only aerate for a few of my clients annually but i don't charge them anywhere close to that. What do you guys think a good average price here locally is? I'm making what i need to make each time i perform the job, i just don't want to be undercutting the market. Thanks in advance and I wish the best to all this year!

3. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

That's insane. Makes me wonder the same about my prices. Ive lost bids on aerating jobs to companies aerating yards that size for $50.

4. Above Par Lawns

Check out their site and see if it's similar for your area/lot size. I always thought they were some of the cheapest in town. I'm definitely not wanting to model my pricing after theirs but I just thought it was odd. I'm usually lucky to get $10 per 1000.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

I entered my address based on 7500 sq.ft and they provided the following;
    TruComplete℠ Lawn Plan
    services include:
    Pre-Emergent & Targeted Weed Control • Fertilization • Aeration • Grub Prevention and Control • Overseeding
    TruComplete℠ Lawn Plan

Annual Plan Price 1 $592.00
    Specialized Service Price 2 $283.00
    Annual Prepay Discount 3 $87.50
    Prepay Total: $787.50
    Weekly Prepay Total: $15.14

Couldn't find price for aeration alone.

6. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

Found it. added 1 service to your cart
    Fall Aeration
    Removes plugs to relieve compact soil and increase the flow of air, water and nutrients to the roots.

$204.00/yr
    1 Plan price based on 7500 square foot treatable lawn area. Pricing subject to change based on actual property measurement on your initial service visit.
    2 Additional charges required for your plan.
    3 If you choose to pay a year in advance for your services, you'll receive a 10% discount on your annual TruGreen® plan. Not to be combined with or used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. Additional restrictions may apply.
    cart summary

Fall Aeration$204.00
    Annual Plan Price 1 $204.00
    Prepay Total: $204.00
    Tax not included
    Weekly Prepay Total: $3.92
    Checkout Continue Shopping

7. Above Par Lawns

I bet they're aerating the lawn twice for annual price of $220. Who knows, it doesn't really matter I just wanted to make sure I wasn't low balling!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Above Par Lawns

Nevermind, I read that wrong. It clearly says fall aeration.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Crimson Lawn

Crimson Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

You know, I like to aerate lawns because it is a beneficial service. After doing them for a few years, the beating and pounding, I started to charge a lot more. I did not price myself out of the market but with people buying those stand on units only charging $60 for a 7000' yard, they can have it. Plus they can turn out about 10 to 12 a day were as with a walk behind you turning maybe 6 to 7 a day. I started out at $45 per 1000' and first time rough yards I charged 25% more.

10. zachj265

zachj265 LawnSite Member

$45 per 1k sq. ft? So you're charging $450 for a 10k sq ft yard?