1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kansas City!!!!

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by Hamons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Dwl9113

Dwl9113 LawnSite Member
    from OP, KS

i know this has been stated before but if anyone is solo in the OP/LX/Olathe area and needs another man or anyone that needs another man hit me up here or aim me because i am looking fo rwork. thanks.

Dan

2. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I am in Lee's Summit also, maybe you've seen me I've got a big red crewcab f350, do a lot of work in the lakewood area. My mowings really slowing down, are yours?? Just wanted to say hey to everyone because I just saw this thread. If anyone has any tree work they need done, or want to sub out let me know. I have several years experience, and I am insured for tree work(you thought LCO ins. was high). Anyway, like everyone used to say, once mowing slows way down we need to meet up so we can put faces with these names.
    thanks

Greg Jensen
    Jensen Service Co.
    (816) 807-8259
    bottlefed89@hotmail.com

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

So far my mowing has not slowed down a bit. Thank goodness for sprinkler systems and rain.

4. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys not do annual contracts?

5. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 LawnSite Member

I do some, but several of my properties are already not needing cut weekly. Even those I have contracted want to pay by the cut... Guess maybe I did that wrong.

6. klbjoc

klbjoc LawnSite Member
    from ks

How do you calculate you annual contracts so that they are fair for you and the customer?

7. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have some that are monthly contracts paid per mow and some that are on a level payment plan. The ones on level payment plans are calculated by previous years services averaged out from Mar to Dec.

8. Hamons

I ONLY MOW FOR FULL-SERVICE ACCOUNTS.I figure all of my full service accounts on 30 cuts per season.

owing makes me very little money -- barel;y pays for itself. BUT -- it does get me many dcustomers who would look lesewhere if I did not offer mowing.

To figure monthly price I decide onr pe/rcut price and times that by 30. I have found 30 is the average number of cuts in KC per season. Decide how much i will need to cahrge to trim shrubs 4 or 5 times throughout the year. Figure out cost for doing weed control and fertilizer applications. All of this is then divide by 9 mos. and then charged flat rate each month.

In the spring I am often mowing every 4 days -- but in the summer I may be mowing every 10 -1 5. I mow based on the grass.

I then offer a prepay discount which many custoemrs take me up on. I usually give 4%.

So - I ahve a customer who has her lawn mowed, shrubs trimmed and fertilizer and weed control done for $230/mo. So with her prepay discount she paid me for $1988.00. She never worries about her lawna gain until Next spring when she will write me a lishtly larger check.

9. Hamons

On a seperate note -- sdoes anyone have any reccomendations of an accountant to use inthe area. I am looking to remove some work form my plate and was thinkingabout paying someone to do the books.

10. Hamons

ALSO: anybody have a 3/4 ton p/u they are selling?