1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kansas-weeks in a season?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by adaptivehomeservices, Nov 8, 2006.

1. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

For the lower midwest, how many weeks are you figuring into your annual agreements?
  2. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

usually about 28.

give or take
  3. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I'm getting 30 to 33. It really depends on the weather and do you customers have heathly lawns. Then start picking up leaves and you'll extend your season for another 4 to 6 weeks. For the last two years I have picked up leaves on one day and pushed snow on the next.
  4. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

our key in Southern IL is how dry August is. We usually start around March 20 and last mowings in the second week of November. This year we had two early hard freezes so Oct 20 was about the last time you had to do it here. It was wet all through August though so that probably leveled out the number. Probably 32-34 times this past season
  5. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Thanks for helping a newbie. Very helpful!
  6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Predicting the weather the best we can ... this is about the same in Indy as well. I find that in most cases, extending the season is more likely with commercial accounts.